This is an interesting fairly new species, not often seen in cultivation. It has unusually patterned small leaves, giving it a distinctive appearance. This specimen was shown at the 2019 convention show of the Gesneriad Society.
Other specimens of the plant appear to have darker leaves than the above, undoubtedly due to cultural differences. They can be seen in a slideshow by clicking one of the links below.
- A flowering plant, exhibited in the 2021 virtual show of the Gesneriad Society
- An individual plant, taken from a prize-winning collection of Primulinas at the 2015 convention show of the Gesneriad Society.
- A beautiful flowering plant.
- A flowering plant exhibited in the 2020 virtual show of the Gesneriad Society
- A hybrid of this species with P. dryas, exhibited at the 2021 virtual show