This is a somewhat variable species, with flowers ranging from red through pink to white. The reddish pink shown here is perhaps the most common. The flowers typically down from an upright or diagonal stem, an unusual habit for Sinningias.
There are a number of photos of S. sellovii on the site:
- S. sellovii yellowish form, available light and flash
- S. sellovii shown at AGGS Convention 2004, flowers and whole plant/tuber
- S. sellovii photos at the Smithsonian, flowers and stems
- S. sellovii flowers, Toronto show 2004
- S. sellovii with hummingbird
- A peach-flowered plant silhouetted against an orange sunset, exhibited at the 2020 virtual show of the Gesneriad Society