Exhibited at the 2011 convention of the Gesneriad Society, this spectacular specimen beautifully demonstrates the decorative potential of this species.
A number of Nematanthus have flowers dangling beneath the foliage on long pedicels. N. crassifolius and N. brasiliensis are other good examples, as is N. ‘Stoplight’, a hybrid of fritschii and longipes.
Additional photos may be seen in a slideshow by clicking one of the links below:
- A closer view of the flowers on the plant above
- A closer look at the flowers on another plant – note that the colors in this photo are more accurate than in the feature photo above
- An illustration of the potential for very long pedicels on the species, a variable feature
- A plant exhibited at the 2006 convention of the Gesneriad Society
- A John Gould hummingbird print with N. corticola